15 August 2020

Life OST: Songs to get quarantined to

Hello, sweethearts!

We all know 2020 is incredibly shitty year. Fires, riots, escalation of racism and queerphobia... And, on top of that, raging pandemic. Despite the last thing, Polish government (and not only they, I've heard United States' one wants to do the same) decided to open schools in September. It's obvious that in this case ensuring safety is impossible and we will probably end with another lockdown. So, why not make it a little bit more bearable with appropriate music?

To make things a little bit more interesting, I decided to not include songs made during pandemic about pandemic. Enjoy!


鬱P feat. 鏡音リン "コロナ"

Okay, I know this song has nothing to do with the pandemic except the name and that jokes about it have already been done hundreds times, but damn, I still find listening to it now quite funny. Also, it is actually very pleasant to listen. It's dynamic, heavy and Rin's voice is rendered really well. 鬱P in his finest.

Sub Zero Project "Patient Zero"

I think we have a 2020 anthem. And I should stop joking right now. I found this song by accident, while browsing electronic music on Spotify and fell in love immediately. I love the bass and hard, delicious drops. This piece has also very catchy melody, ideal for humming.

To be honest, I felt quite jealous watching the music video. I want to go to a concert...

Chamaeleon "Suppression"

Actually, it's a very personal choice for this list. During pandemic I have only on-line classes and professors give much more homework than usually. I always listen to music while working and lately I've been really into aggrotech. Surprisingly, it helps me focus. And this song is one of my favourites, I can listen to it all the time.

Kill The Sleeper "What If"

Another aggrotech masterpiece I discovered by accident on Spotify and listen to a lot while working (and not only then). The catchy melody and amazing harsh vocals are so beautiful I sometimes play it more than one time. Generally, it's one of my most favourite songs ever.

Keiichi Okabe "Possessed by a Disease" from "NieR: Automata"

If Coronavirus had a boss theme, it will be this one. No more jokes, I promise.
I think "NieR: Automata" has one of the best soundtracks in whole computer games' history (generally, it's one of the best games in whole history and don't try changing my mind, because it's impossible) and any time is good for listening it. "Possessed by a Disease" is one of my favourite pieces. It's epic and very energetic, perfect choice when you are stuck at home and need to make your chores a little bit interesting. And it has a very appropriate title. I'm sorry.

Terence Blanchard "End Credits [Chapter 4]" from "Perry Mason"

If someone follows me on Twitter (which I encourage – look for @kikihakanate), they know for last several weeks I was watching newest HBO crime series. I'll be honest, is there better time to catch up with various series and movies than quarantine? "Perry Mason" is great and I really recommend it. And while I didn't enjoy its OST that much (it mostly consists of jazz and I hate jazz), I fell in love with this particular piece immediately. It's eerie and beautiful.

Creep-P feat. Ruby "TV"

Speaking about watching TV, it's perfect time to bring up this gem. All works by Creep-P are amazing, but this one is my absolute favourite. It has catchy melody, nice instrumental and just sounds fantastic. Also, I love the lyrics. And the message (which is very, very, VERY actual now). And everything.

Sweet Revenge feat. 巡音ルカ "Dirty Duty"

With so much shit going on, it's hard not to feel like in a movie. So, why not ramp it up with a fitting song? "Dirty Duty" has a nice apocalyptic vibe, perfect to listen when you are sitting at home, wondering what next months will bring. And à propos apocalypse...

Lord of the Lost "Doomsday Disco"

...why not dance a little to another fittingly apocalyptic piece? Lord of the Lost made an amazing song about having fun during the end of the world we know, very rhythmic and catchy. I love it.

The Crüxshadows "Indivisible"

Because things got a little too dark, let's listen to something uplifting! A song about unity and overcoming hardships, brought to us by one of the best bands ever – The Crüxshadows. Catchy melody, pleasant electronic instrumental and Rogue's angelic vocal make a perfect song to lighten up mood during these hard times.


I think it's enough. Actually, if I listed everything I've been listening to during pandemic, this post would be horribly long. And, in your opinion, which songs match quarantine?

Stay safe, sweethearts! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment