6 February 2019

Life OST: Long, dark evening

Hello, sweethearts!

This is the first post from "Life OST" series. I will write here about songs, which make my real life soundtrack. They will usually have something in common – similar topic, mood or they will match certain situation.

Today I will write about songs I like to listen during long, dark evenings. Polish Winter evenings are always cold and melancholic. That's why I associate them with calm, ethereal, sometimes sad music.

Okay, enough talking, let's start!

Theodor Bastard "Кукушка"


According to Spotify, Theodor Bastard was the band I listened to the most during 2018. Actually, I'm not surprised – I love their music. "Кукушка" is my favourite song by them. I like how they used different folk instruments there, how they made this mysterious atmosphere. Also, Yana's vocal is stunningly beautiful.

Regulus feat. Hatsune Miku "In the Dark"


Actually, I could put there most of Regulus' songs – he's master of heart wrenching music. However, "In the Dark" is my favourite. It also always makes me feel a little bit sad. Maybe it's Miku's emotional vocal, maybe ethereal guitar or maybe dark, full of despair lyrics, I'm not sure.

Daniel Bloom feat. Mela Koteluk "Katarakta"


To be honest, I rarely listen to Polish music. However, I absolutely adore this song. Mela's voice is so calm and the music itself sounds really enchanting. But don't ask me, what lyrics are about – they are so metaphorical, I have no idea. And no, they have nothing to do with the music video. But is it a problem?

Clan of Xymox "Obsession"


There is something heavenly beautiful in this song. Old dark wave songs tend to have quite specific vibe, this one is no exception. But there is something more – peace, melancholy and nostalgia, especially the last one. Add Ronny's warm vocal and you have perfect song for lonely evenings.
Actually, I had a chance to hear this song live – in 2015 Clan of Xymox played at Castle Party. Magical, unforgettable experience. And Ronny was making thunders with his guitar!

My Bloody Valentine "Sometimes"


I came across this song by accident – I was listening to web radio station with gothic music. From the very begging I was stunned, how extraordinary this song was. Echoing, dreamlike guitars and silent vocals make one of most ethereal songs I know.

Love Spiral Downwards "Will You Fade"


Another song I got to know thanks to web radio station. Another extremely dreamlike, melancholic music, this time with angelic female vocal. I especially like the second part, when guitars kick in. Actually, I fell in love with "Will You Fade" because of them.

38号式 feat. Namine Ritsu "REINCARNATION"



From all utauloids I know, Ritsu has probably most emotional voice, especially in good hands. 38号式 is really skilled in rendering UTAU vocals, which is why I love his songs so much – they are always full of heart and feelings, this one in particular. To be honest, Ritsu sounds like he is about to cry. Amazing, especially if you consider the fact, it's just a singing synthesizer.

Stigmata "СЕНТЯБРЬ"

 

I began with Russian music and will end with it.  I don't usually listen to this band. However, I just fell in love with this song from the first hearing. I adore its melancholic atmosphere. I have never heard such eerie riffs, they are amazing. Actually, I can listen to "СЕНТЯБРЬ" on repeat.

As you can see (hear?), I have quite eclectic taste. And you? Which songs do you listen during long, dark evenings?

No comments:

Post a Comment